Publications & Videos
By EHN leadership, members, and allies
- Hands-On Ecological Restoration as a Nature-Based Health Intervention: Reciprocal Restoration for People and Ecosystems. Gary P. Nabhan, Laura Orlando, Laura Smith Monti, and James Aronson. Ecopsychology. September 2020.
- Healthy Societies built from Healthy Ecosystems: How Australia and Aotearoa New Zealand are Working at the Intersection of Human Health and Ecological Restoration for a Healthier World. Adam Cross, Kiri Wallace, & James Aronson. Natural History of Ecological Restoration, July 2020
- Could nature really be the best medicine?, Kiri Joy Wallace, The Spinoff, June 2020
- Ecosystem Restoration: A Public Health Intervention, Breed et al., EcoHealth, June 2020
- A World of Possibilities: Six Restoration Strategies to support the United Nation's Decade on Ecosystem Restoration, Aronson et al., Restor Ecol., March 2020.
- Revegetation of urban green space rewilds soil microbiotas with implications for human health and urban design. Mills, et al., Restor Ecol., April 2020.
- Natural gas leaks and tree death: A first-look case-control study of urban trees in Chelsea, MA USA, Schollaert et al., Environmental Pollution, volume 263, August 2020
- Developing a restoration narrative: A pathway towards system-wide healing and a restorative culture, Blignaut and Aronson, Ecological Economics, volume 168, February 2020
- Time for a paradigm shift toward a restorative culture, Cross et al., Restoration Ecology, 27(5):924, May 2019
- Addressing meta-externalities: investments in restoring the Earth, Neva Goodwin, Real-World Economics Review, issue no. 87, March 2019
- Ecological Repair: A Hope for the Human Economies, Neva Goodwin, Opinion Sur, August 2018
- Restoring ecosystem health to improve human health and well-being: physicians and restoration ecologists unite in a common cause, Aronson et al., Ecology and Society, 21(4):39, 2016
- Rewilding the World and Scientific Freedom, Cristina Eisenberg, Huffington Post, January 2017
- Out of the Ashes: Ecological Resilience to Extreme Wildfire, Prescribed Burns, and Indigenous Burning in Ecosystems, Eisenberg et al., Frontiers in Ecology & Evolution 7:436, Nov 2019
- “S” is for Soil!, Steven I. Apfelbaum, Lower Sugar River Watershed Association, June 2019
- Our Once and Future Planet: Restoring the World in the Climate Change Century, Paddy Woodworth, University of Chicago Press
- The Society for Ecological Restoration International Primer on Ecological Restoration, SER International Science & Policy Working Group
- International Principles & Standards for the Practice of Ecological Restoration, 2nd Edition, Gann et al., Restoration Ecology 27(S1)